It's time for the wonderful liturgical season of Advent. Here are some resources to enrich your family's celebration of this joyful season.
Season of Advent Resources from Loyola Press - Click Here
- includes information about the Jesse Tree, Advent Wreath, Prayers, Calendars and Activities
Catholic Icing Blog - Advent and Christmas Crafts and Activities for Kids - Click Here
- includes links to Advent Saints information as well as a ton of other activities and reflections
Daily Readings for the Jesse Tree - Click Here
Daily Reflections on the O Antiphons - Click Here
Learn the Nicene Creed in American Sign Language
Click each link below for a video with Dianne McGahee and Clare Saint Gabriel from the Ascension Deaf Ministry. Videos will be added as we go through the year.
11) I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
12) who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
13) I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
14) I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
We had a great time with ValLimar Jansen when she visited Ascension August 26th through August 30th!
Click here to see more of our memories!
Blessed with an extraordinary voice, ValLimar Jansen is a highly regarded singer, cantor and recording artist. She is also a college professor, a leader of worship and prayer and a workshop presenter at conferences across the United States.
Click here for ValLimar's inspiration, especially if you're finding that things are a little tough or a little overwhelming!
Family, Faith & Cyberspace
Here are some resources we have found to help families navigate the multiple issues of technology and cyberspace. Let us know if they help you!
Diocese of Orlando - Social Communications Links via Communications Secretariat
Faith & Safety website - created by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- “Family Media Agreements” under “Family” drop down menu – also facebook safety and privacy page
- “Learn” drop down menu includes choices about cell phones and kids; bullying; privacy and safety; safe web browsing, email, pornography, social media, strangers and predators, virtual worlds
- “Links” page provides resources for kids and parents for example….
- Kids' and Teens' Internet Safety Sites
- Webronauts Internet Academy - PBS Kids game that helps younger children understand the basics of Internet behavior and safety.
- NSTeens - A program of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that has interactive games and videos on a variety of Internet safety topics.
Websites provided as programs of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The parents site has many resources and the teen and kids sites have interactive games and videos on a variety of Internet safety topics.
Videos used with our families during the L.I.F.E. Plus Presentations:
Gr. 3 & 4 "Attitude Overdrive" - Click here to view
Gr. 5 & 6 "Friend or Fake" - Click here to view
Thank you Julianne for a wonderful Mission!
Julianne's Powerpoint Presentations
PDF from 7 Keys of Spiritual Wellness Presentation (HNJ, January 7, 2017)
"Happy, Healthy, Holy Families" Presentation (Ascension, Sunday January 8, 2017)
"Celtic Spirituality" Presentation (Ascension, Monday January 9, 2017)
"Listening to the Heartbeat of God" Presentation (Ascension, Tuesday January 10, 2017)
"Happy, Healthy, Holy Families" Handouts (Mission, Sunday January 8, 2017)
"Share a Prayer" (HNJ & Sunday Mission)
"Here We Are Opening Prayer" (Sunday Mission)
"Creating a Family Crest" (Sunday Mission)
Your Story of Faith (Sunday Mission)
Prayers in the Celtic Tradition (Monday Mission)
Prayer Columns (Tuesday Mission)
Julianne co-wrote the book The Catechist's Backpack: Spiritual Essentials for the Journey (Loyola Press).
Click here if you would like to find out more from Loyola Press or Amazon.com.