LoveEd Coming to Ascension!
The LoveEd program is open to all people from all parishes. LoveEd is hosted by Ascension Parish and all meetings will be at Ascension.
Help kids get Love right.
LoveEd helps parishes and schools empower parents to teach both the theology and science of human sexuality within the context of God’s plan for love and life. It helps young people discover the beauty and the purpose of their sexuality, which is fully articulated in Catholic teaching. LoveEd doesn’t just teach the facts of life, but the meaning of life.
In a society that promotes cheap, fleeting sex at ever younger ages, it has never been more important for parents to show their children the true meaning of love and sex, a meaning that far surpasses anything the world offers.
But actually doing this can be hard. At a time when young people are asserting their independence, LoveEd gives parents the knowledge and support they need to discuss what is often (but doesn’t have to be!) an uncomfortable topic and helps parents and their kids develop closer relationships.
By offering LoveEd, parishes provide a format to assist parents—the primary educators—to guide and inform their children accurately, fully and lovingly.
Parent/Guardian Training Event—Thursday, September 27th 6:30 pm—8:30 pm (Adults Only)
- This 2-hour event gives parents with children ages 2-14 the confidence and tools to respond to the teachable moments of life, and prepares for the Student Events.
- This Parent Training Event is free for parents of kids of any age. Gather with other parents as we work to create environments in which our children grow up better understanding God's plan for their lives. There will be a video and discussion. Please turn in a registration form even if you are only attending this event. If you are attending this event and the Parent/Student Event, you will need to purchase one parent's book and a student's book per child registered. See registration form for cost.
Parent/Student Events: Parent and child attend age-appropriate 2-hour Student event with child—Saturday, September 29th (Separate events for boys and girls)
- 12 noon to 2:00 pm Level 1— 4th to 6th grade (age 9-11)
- 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm Level 2— 6th to 8th grade (age 11-14)
- Parent attends age-appropriate event with child.
- Separate events for boys & girls. 4th graders who are 8 years old may participate if parent feels they would benefit from this program prior to 5th grade. If your child is 11 and/or 6th grade, you may choose either program . Boys and their parents will meet in Ministry Building E Room 313. Girls and their parents will meet in the Buescher Ministry Center Room 411.
Questions? Contact office at (321) 254-1595 x3080 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn the Nicene Creed in American Sign Language
Click each link below for a video with Dianne McGahee and Clare Saint Gabriel from the Ascension Deaf Ministry. Videos will be added as we go through the year.
We had a great time with ValLimar Jansen when she visited Ascension August 26th through August 30th!
Click here to see more of our memories!
Blessed with an extraordinary voice, ValLimar Jansen is a highly regarded singer, cantor and recording artist. She is also a college professor, a leader of worship and prayer and a workshop presenter at conferences across the United States.
Click here for ValLimar's inspiration, especially if you're finding that things are a little tough or a little overwhelming!
Family, Faith & Cyberspace
Here are some resources we have found to help families navigate the multiple issues of technology and cyberspace. Let us know if they help you!
Diocese of Orlando - Social Communications Links via Communications Secretariat
Faith & Safety website - created by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- “Family Media Agreements” under “Family” drop down menu – also facebook safety and privacy page
- “Learn” drop down menu includes choices about cell phones and kids; bullying; privacy and safety; safe web browsing, email, pornography, social media, strangers and predators, virtual worlds
- “Links” page provides resources for kids and parents for example….
- Kids' and Teens' Internet Safety Sites
- Webronauts Internet Academy - PBS Kids game that helps younger children understand the basics of Internet behavior and safety.
- NSTeens - A program of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that has interactive games and videos on a variety of Internet safety topics.
Websites provided as programs of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The parents site has many resources and the teen and kids sites have interactive games and videos on a variety of Internet safety topics.
Videos used with our families during the L.I.F.E. Plus Presentations:
Gr. 3 & 4 "Attitude Overdrive" - Click here to view
Gr. 5 & 6 "Friend or Fake" - Click here to view
Thank you Julianne for a wonderful Mission!
Julianne's Powerpoint Presentations
PDF from 7 Keys of Spiritual Wellness Presentation (HNJ, January 7, 2017)
"Happy, Healthy, Holy Families" Presentation (Ascension, Sunday January 8, 2017)
"Celtic Spirituality" Presentation (Ascension, Monday January 9, 2017)
"Listening to the Heartbeat of God" Presentation (Ascension, Tuesday January 10, 2017)
"Happy, Healthy, Holy Families" Handouts (Mission, Sunday January 8, 2017)
"Share a Prayer" (HNJ & Sunday Mission)
"Here We Are Opening Prayer" (Sunday Mission)
"Creating a Family Crest" (Sunday Mission)
Your Story of Faith (Sunday Mission)
Prayers in the Celtic Tradition (Monday Mission)
Prayer Columns (Tuesday Mission)
Julianne co-wrote the book The Catechist's Backpack: Spiritual Essentials for the Journey (Loyola Press).
Click here if you would like to find out more from Loyola Press or Amazon.com.