Baptism of Infants
“Let the little children come to me.” Mark 10:14
Our parish hosts a Baptismal Seminar for parents who wish to have a child under the age of seven baptized.
The Baptismal Seminar:
- consists of three, two-hour sessions
- scheduled quarterly on Monday evenings
- FREE child-care provided on-site by Nursery Staff (by reservation)
- seminar facilitated by parish couples
- developing an understanding of the sacrament of baptism
- discussion of your parental role
- building hopes and dreams for your child’s faith journey
- how to become integrally involved in our parish family; making Ascension your home away from home
Parents will leave the third session comfortable with the procedures of the liturgical rite which will celebrate your child’s baptism.
Our pastor, Father Eamon Tobin, will meet with the parents to become acquainted with them prior to their attending the baptismal seminar.
To arrange an appointment with Father Tobin, for the date of the next seminar, to register to attend, and to reserve child-care, contact the Parish Office at 254-1595
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
“Jack is 5 years old now,
but I will never forget thinking,
when he was raised up from the font,
that now he was drenched in the Holy Spirit and
now it’s our job to ensure that he is drenched in our faith and
in our relationship with Christ.”