V.B.S. (Summer Catechesis Program)
June 22nd – June 26th
8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Listen up! Dig deep! Jesus had a lot to say. And those who listened discovered a treasure in his words.
Digging for Treasure is a fun-filled, Bible-based learning experience focused on uncovering the stories Jesus told, also known as parables. Children will sing songs, play games, make crafts, eat snacks, and do other activities, all designed to help children discover amazing treasures in the parables.
Our VBS participants aged Kindergarten - Grade 6:
- Begin at 8:30 am in the school cafetorium.
- Experience cool crafts, fun games, upbeat music, hands-on activities and snacks
- Are joined by family and friends in the school cafetorium at 12:00 noon for pick-up.
Preschool Experience: We are revamping our VBS to provide the best experience for our youngest participants.
- We will open a Preschool Session for 25 youth provided we have 2 adults in the room in addition to our wonderful teen volunteers. If we have more adult volunteers, we will open a second room as needed.
- Participants will need to be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020 (ie eligible for voluntary Pre-Kindergarten during 2020-2021 school year)
- All participants will need to be potty trained.
- PreK4 youth will meet in their room on the first day and then join our other VBS participants in the cafetorium in the morning and afternoon.
2 Part Participant Registration Checklist– Deadline: May 8, 2020
- Register your family.
- If paying online with credit/debit card, click below to register for
- If paying by check or cash, click here to print the registration form and return form to the Faith Formation Office.
- Click here and print the Waiver Forms. Return completed forms to the Faith Formation Office. Registration is not be complete until step 2 is done. We do need the original signed copy for legal purposes rather than scanned documents. Thank you!
Fee for the week is $40. The fee is reduced to $25 per child for the children of volunteers.
Additional Registration notes:
- Participant fee includes one program t-shirt as well as snack and craft supplies for each day. Ascension gifts each family one CD. Additional copies of the music CD are available for purchase.
- We will notify you as soon as possible if we are unable to accommodate your child(ren).
- Refunds will not be issued three weeks before VBS.
- Any child that becomes disruptive during VBS may be released from the program.
The parish offers a Summer Program from June 8th through July 31st from 7 AM to 6 PM weekdays. The rate is $4 per hour per child. For students not registered at Ascension Catholic School there is a $50 deposit per child attending which can be used towards the fee or will be refunded.
During VBS week, Summer Program employees bring youth over to the VBS activity in the morning and pick them up for Summer Care afterwards. Be sure to pack a lunch, drink and snacks for the afternoon! If you bring your child to VBS first, you can leave the lunch with our VBS volunteers and it will get over to the Summer Program.
If you would like to enroll in this program, please click here to download the application and return it to our After/Before Care Program leader Karen Wines. You can contact her at (321) 254-1595 x3041 or by e-mail at [email protected].
Volunteer Information – We love our teen volunteers but we definitely need more adults to volunteer as well!!
Click here to go to our volunteer page with more detailed information about training dates, job descriptions and fingerprinting information.
Questions about our Vacation Bible School?
Contact Betsy Glasenapp the Elementary Faith Formation Director at 254-1595 x3080 or by e-mail at [email protected].