Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation that are intimately connected. Through the sacrament of Baptism we are born again through water and the Holy Spirit into the family of God. Through the sacrament of Confirmation, we are sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit and we are strengthened to go out and serve the Body of Christ. Eucharist completes the Sacraments of Initiation and incorporates us completely into the Catholic Church. We are nourished by the Body and Blood of Christ so we can go out and nourish others in the world.
People who are baptized or brought into full communion at the Easter Vigil or at other times of the year are confirmed by the pastor. See ADULTS RCIA.
For more information contact Mary Birmingham: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254-1595 x3068.
Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation which are intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ. Without reception of this sacrament, one is not a full member of the Church.
Currently, the Sacrament of Confirmation for our teens is celebrated in the Fall of 10th grade with preparation beginning in 9th grade. Some adults who have not received this sacrament often complete their initiation into the church with our teens.
Preparation for high school students: 2016-17 Sacrament date 10/15/2017
* Participate in preparation sessions especially focused on the Sacrament of Confirmation.
* One service project directed at helping the poor and needy.
* Prepare a Saint project and choose a Saint name as your Confirmation name
Preparation for high school students: 2017-18 Sacrament date 10/14/2018
* Guidelines for preparation will be posted soon. We welcome our new Director of Youth Ministry, Cara Giuliano. Cara will be helping the 9th graders to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Please register your teen so you can be added to our email list. Once the guidelines are set you will be notified. Click here for registration form.
For more information about confirmation for teens, please contact one of the team members:
Director of Youth Ministry, Cara Giuliano at 321-254-1595 ext 3501: email@example.com
Faith Formation Office/Registration, Shelly Wackley 321-254-1595 ext. 3080: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparation for Adult Catholics
* Fully formed, active adult Catholics are not prepared through the Adult RCIA.
* Currently, adults preparing for Confirmation attend one catechetical session on Saturday a few weeks prior to the date of Confirmation
For more information contact Chris Meehan: email@example.com.