Helping Hands Events
Join us Sunday, January 28, 2018 to pack 50,000 meals!
We need your help to reach our goal of packing 50,000 meals on Sunday, January 28th!
Help us raise $10,000! Every donation, large or small, helps us reach our goal. Individual donations, family business donations, corporate donations, or corporate matching funds all help us help others. Each meal costs 50 cents which includes the food, cost of shipment to Africa & education in life/work skills to help the recipients become financially independent.
Help us pack meals! Join fellow parishioners for a Helping Hands meal-packaging event for hungry people in Burkina Faso, Africa. You can sign up individually, but it is also fun to sign up as a family, group of friends, a CHRP group, Small Christian Community or any group!
REGISTRATION FOR SHIFTS IS NOW OPEN!
Open to those from 4 to 100+ in three packing shifts:
Shift 1 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm;
Shift 2 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm;
Shift 3 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
These are the various jobs you can choose from while at the meal-packing.
- Funnels - Volunteers will place a pre-measured amount of each food item in a bag in a very specific order. (STANDING)
- Scales - Volunteers will weigh every bag to ensure the precise amount of food is included in each bag before it is sealed. (SITTING)
- Sealers - Volunteers will seal each bag, once weighed, using a heating device. (SITTING)
- Boxing - Volunteers will package a set number of packed food bags per box and prepare for loading. (MOVING)
- Loading - Volunteers will load the boxed food onto the truck. (MOVING)
- Runner - Volunteers will ensure each station is stocked and operating smoothly. (MOVING)
Thank you to everyone who packed with us on Sunday, January 29, 2017!
You truly lived the Beatitudes by serving those who are hungry and thirsty.
Meal-Packing Fun - January 31, 2016!