Helping Hands Events
Join us Sunday, January 26, 2020 to pack 20,000 meals!
We need your help to reach our goal of raising $5,000 so we can pack 30,000 meals!
Every donation, large or small, helps us reach our goal. Individual donations, family business donations, corporate donations, or corporate matching funds all help us help others. Each meal costs 50 cents which includes the food, cost of shipment to Africa & education in life/work skills to help the recipients become financially independent. Father Eamon has already donated $10,000 from the parish tithe which helps us start but we want to do even more!
*We can open a third shift if we have enough donations!
Our Shifts are full! If you would like to be put on the waiting list, please e-mail Betsy at [email protected].
Thank you for helping us pack over 30,000 meals on Sunday, January 27, 2019!
Come be Tools for Change (and see our community in this promotional video from CRS!
These are the various jobs you can choose from while at the meal-packing.
- Funnels - Volunteers will place a pre-measured amount of each food item in a bag in a very specific order. (STANDING)
- Scales - Volunteers will weigh every bag to ensure the precise amount of food is included in each bag before it is sealed. (SITTING)
- Sealers - Volunteers will seal each bag, once weighed, using a heating device. (SITTING)
- Boxing - Volunteers will package a set number of packed food bags per box and prepare for loading. (MOVING)
- Loading - Volunteers will load the boxed food onto the truck. (MOVING)
- Runner - Volunteers will ensure each station is stocked and operating smoothly. (MOVING)
Past Events - Click date to see video of the event!