Welcome to the commentaries on the Sunday Readings. The primary focus is the Sunday Gospel and the message of Jesus. You will notice that the commentaries on the first and second readings are included. Participants are encouraged to read the readings and commentaries on them prior to their meetings, but, the focus and discussion is the Sunday Gospel.
Each week’s offering contains:
- Opening prayer
- Response to last week’s word or phrase that touched you
- Summary statement on the readings, liturgical season and or feast
- Commentary on each of the three readings
- Faith-sharing questions with a focus on the Sunday Gospel
- Journaling opportunity
- Suggestions on how to respond/ live the word during the week
- Praying with the word
- Closing prayer of petition, intercession and thanksgiving
To access the commentaries for the current liturgical season, scroll down.
To access all three liturgical cycles, click here.
To access "Guidelines for Facilitating Small Group Faith-Sharing Discussion," click here.
Fr. Eamon Tobin, Pastor
Ascension Catholic Church
Email: [email protected]
phone: 321-254-1595 ext. 3070
SCC COMMENTARIES - FALL SESSION C
SCC Gospel-Centered Format Translated in Spanish and Vietnamese
SCC COMMENTARIES - ADVENT/CHRISTMAS CYCLE A
When writing the materials for Small Christian Communities, I found the following resources very helpful.
- Celebration Publications, Preaching Resources, Patricia Sanchez
- Foundations in Faith—Years A, B, & C, Resources for Christian Living, Allen, Texas
- Preaching the New Lectionary—Years A, B, & C, Dianne Bergant, Liturgical Press
- Living the Word, an annual publication by World Library Publications
- Breaking Open the Lectionary—Years A, B, & C, Margaret Nutting Ralph, Paulist Press
- Footprints on the Mountain, Roland Faley T.O.R., Paulist Press