The Mass: Step by Step
In this section of my writings you will find:
- A four-page introduction to the Mass
- Information about my new book A Simple Explanation of the Mass.
INTRODUCTION TO THE MASS
Brief explanation of the parts of the Mass (4 page PDF).
INTRODUCCIÓN A LA MISA (5 page PDF)
A SIMPLE EXPLANATION OF THE MASS (**New in 2019)
This book contains a step-by-step commentary on each part of the Mass and the seasons of the liturgical year.
Each chapter includes a summary, questions for personal and group reflection, and a good practice suggestion.
Praise for the Book
- "Fr. Tobin’s book on the Mass represents rich spiritual wisdom from the heat of the day, being the work of a long-time pastor in the trenches. Its down-to-earth explanations and practical suggestions will enhance our active participation in the Mass, enabling us to drink all the more deeply from the ever fresh waters of Word and Sacrament that spring up unto life eternal.” Thomas H. Groome, Prof. Theology and Religious Education, Boston College; author of What Makes Us Catholic
- “The Eucharist is the source and summit of our Catholic way of life. Father Tobin explains the Mass in a very readable and inspiring fashion for all Catholics. He helps the reader understand what we celebrate and why we celebrate it. Every parish would benefit from suggesting this book to parishioners and providing for it catechetical leaders.” Mary Birmingham, Liturgist and author of Year Round Catechumenate
- “A Simple Explanation of the Mass is a treasure. It is well written, highly informative on almost every aspect of the liturgical celebration, fosters a genuine liturgical spirituality, connects liturgy with daily life and the Gospel mission to the poor.” Fr. Doug Doussan, Pastor Emeritus, St. Gabriel the Archangel Church, New Orleans