Dear Ascension Family,
Greetings. The Peace of Christ be with you. I am very grateful for the various forms of social media that allow us to stay in contact with each other during this stressful time of social distancing. Your parish staff continues to work in the office – prepared to work from home. The purpose of this email is three fold:
- To share how best to communicate – you with us and us with you
- To share how to continue to make your contributions to the parish offertory
- To share how to help or receive help in our outreach efforts to parishioners and those in need
- Our primary communication method is our parish web-site: ascensioncatholic.net. We are continually updating it, so this should be your primary place to obtain information. There are messages from Father Eamon that contain updated information and Ascension Catholic Media directs you to our videos: of the celebration of Sunday Mass, special blessings, etc.
- There are also other resources to augment our spiritual life in this troubling time.
- We send out announcements via parish eScroll. Sign-up at bottom of our web-site under “links.”
- Sign up for MyParish App –news bursts on the website and/or download on smart phones.
- For assistance, please ask a friend or family to help you, or if you don’t have internet, ask them to please check the website and let you know the news.
- For additional help: Betsy Glasenapp at 321-254-1595 ext. 3080, please leave a message or email [email protected]
Offertory: Six ways to financially support your church family
We are grateful to all of you who have supported your church family by direct giving or by mail. We are hoping more and more of you will sign up for one form of direct giving. For additional help, please contact Anne Whelan, [email protected] or 321-254-1595 ext. 3074.
- Electronic Fund Transfer - automatically deducted from your bank account monthly. You may download the form on our website, or call Anne Whelan at 321-254-1595 x3074 for assistance.
- Credit Card giving automatically charged to your credit card monthly. You may download the form found on our website, or call Anne Whelan 321-254-1595 x3074 for assistance.
- Ascension Website (donate here) WeShare administers this account with the information you provide – it may be either a one-time donation or recurring.
- Set up directly with your bank to have your donations mailed to the parish.
- You may continue to mail your donation – U.S. Mail will continue to be delivered.
- A mail slot to a secure box has been installed in the front door of the parish office. You may deposit your offering there.
Outreach to our parishioners and those in need
Parishioners are encouraged to continue to bring food for distribution by Social Concerns:
- Drop off food donations for those in need, the Children’s Hunger Project, “Forty Cans for Lent” at: brown bins outside the front doors of the church (they are regularly emptied) AND at the REAR OF THE FOOD PANTRY at 1238 Aurora Rd. Mon – Fri, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- First Sunday of the month donations will be received on Sunday, April 5th between the hours of 9 a.m. and noon in the Church parking lot where the Thrift Shop truck will be located.
- Parishioners who are shut-in at this time and need help, please call Social Concerns at 321-259-5685 Mon. thru Fri. between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. They will arrange to deliver food, medication pickup and delivery. Call 321-259-5685 or email [email protected]
We are living in a very strange and difficult time, much more difficult for some than for others. We who live in Central Brevard are at this time of writing more fortunate than people who live in other parts of the country.
“God is our refuge and our strength, our ever – present help in our distress.” (Psalm 46)
As we seek to deal with fear, worry and stress, we must turn to God for refuge and strength.