Two years ago, our community raised almost $10,000 to support local children who rely on their school’s breakfast and lunch programs and who are at risk of going hungry on the weekends.
Last year, you opened your hearts even further by donating $15,000. That donation allowed us to continue supplying weekend meals to our two local “adopted” schools this current school year.
With COVID, the number of children has increased. Our initial hope was to raise $16,000 this Advent/Christmas season. Reality is that with our current increase, the real amount is $17,000. We understand that these times are just as hard for you, yet you still gave generously. Thanks to you, as of December 22nd, we have collected $14,003.56.
Did you know that:
- We are able to provide weekend backpack meals to 111 children at Creel and Croton elementary schools every week.
- To date, we have delivered 1,498 meals so far this school year.
- $4 feeds a child for one weekend, $16 for one month, $150 for an entire school year.
If you have not yet, you can still donate:
- At church: Envelopes available on table in the narthex - Place your donation in the envelope and place in the collection basket. Make checks to “Children’s Hunger Project” with “Ascension” in the memo.
- By mail: The Children’s Hunger Project, 1855 W. King St., Cocoa, FL 32926. Make checks to “Children’s Hunger Project” with “Ascension” in the memo.
- Online at https://the childrenshungerproject.org.
If you have a group interested in having a meal building event, contact us at: childrensh[email protected] or 321-421-0812
God bless you!
Kathleen Holton, volunteer