Holy Week Information
- Bishop John Noonan has invited the whole Diocese of Orlando to pray the Triduum services together with him from St. James Cathedral. If you've never been able to participate in these liturgies, here's your chance!!!
- Chrism Mass, Wednesday, April 8, 6:30 p.m. (bilingual)
- Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper, Thursday, April 9, 7:00 p.m. (bilingual)
- Passion of Our Lord, Friday, April 10, 3:00 p.m.
- At the Easter Vigil in the Holy Night of Easter, Saturday, April 11, 8:00 p.m. (bilingual)
The liturgies will be streamed on:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoDiocese
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/orlandodiocese
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orlandodiocese
- Check out our "HOLY WEEK" page with diocesan schedules and with resources to assist you and your families as you celebrate these holy days and Easter in your Domestic Church.
- Notable resources are an online guide from the Diocese of Phoenix and online resources from Formed.Com (offered as part of a 40 day free trial). See what works best to help you pray through the Triduum!
RICE BOWLS!!! Thank you to everyone who made this a part of your Lenten practice. Usually, we could collect the bowls during the Holy Thursday service. instead, we invite you to either 1) write a check equal to the amount in your Rice Bowl and send it to the church with "Rice Bowl" in the memo line OR 2) hold your Rice Bowl until we resume services and return it then.
- We will have a recorded Mass from Ascension available for Easter Sunday!
Daily Mass with the Pope
Pope Francis is celebrating televised Mass at his residence at the Vatican daily and it can be seen on CatholicTV at 12:30 pm. The Holy Father said “In these days, I will offer Mass for those who are sick from the coronavirus epidemic, for the doctors, nurses, volunteers who are helping them, for their families, for the elderly in nursing homes, for prisoners”. Click here to be taken to the website.
- Thank you to those who are wishing to donate not only canned goods but financial support to our Center for Social Concerns. Remember, the "Loaves and Fishes" campaign is going on through the month of April. If you mail a donation to the Center for Social Concerns with the note "Loaves and Fishes" in the memo line, it will be matched. What a blessing that our small offerings will be bigger when matched by the generosity of others inspired by God.
- Also, Social Concerns is in need of small toothpaste and toothbrushes.
- We want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Jerry and Olga Kelly and their volunteers who are coordinating our ourteach. Thank you also to those who have donated food and canned goods at the church.
We are very grateful to all of you who continue to support the church financially either through direct giving, bringing by their envelope to the drop box at the church office or mailing their donation to the parish.
If you know of anyone else who doesn't have a computer but would like to know what is going on, please let us know by emailing [email protected] and we can keep them updated as well.